- ### Vbootkit 2.0: Attacking Windows 7 via Boot Sectors
- This talk will introduce a new tool which allows attacks against Windows 7 via boot sectors. In this talk we will demo Vbootkit 2.0 in action and show how to bypass and circumvent security policies / architecture using customized boot sectors for Windows 7 (x64).<br>
- The talk will cover:
- 1. Windows 7 Boot architecture
- 1. Vbootkit 2.0 architecture and inner workings
- 1. insight into the Windows 7 minkernel
- We will also demonstrate:
- 1. The use of Vbootkit in gaining access to a system without leaving traces
- 1. Leveraging normal programs to escalate system privileges
- 1. Running unsigned code in kernel
- 1. Remote command & Control
- All this is done, without having any footprint on the HDD (everything is in memory). It also remains invisible to all existing anti-virus solutions.
- [Vbootkit 2.0 Attacking Windows 7 (x64) via Boot Sectors](https://git.nvlabs.in/vkumar/Projects/src/branch/master/download/vbootkit2.0-AttackingWindows7viaBootSectors.odp)
- Vbootkit 2.0 [source](https://git.nvlabs.in/vkumar/Projects/src/branch/master/download/vbootkit2.zip) is available under open-source under GPL license.